I have a mess. Back in August I installed the Reporting Services Add-in for SharePoint on my MOSS 2007 server. I had some trouble getting it installed and never ended up getting it to work. So I uninstalled it - which at the time looked
like it uninstalled fine, however, I found out later that search wasn't working. I tried resolving but decided I should probably do a restart. After that none of the sites came up at all. We performed a SharePoint Restore to a time before
I installed the add-in (1 day earlier) (We use Backup Exec.) After that, the webs would come up but my SSP came up in an unprovisioning status.
At the time I didn't think it was any big deal, just Create a new SSP and reindex your content. Well, the first SSP I tried to create, did create but when I try to configure anything on it I get an Access Denied Error.
I researched my Application Log, fixed issues in my Web.Config files where it was still looking for the Reporting Services Add-in. (Not sure why Backup Exec Restore didn't fix this.) Restarted the Server.
Tried to create another SSP, got errors when I created it as well, tried to delete it - it is stuck in an "unprovisioning" state as well. (I have no idea why the first one is "unprovisioning" other than it didn't like being restored.)<
View Complete Post