I just wanted to know how I can hide "View All Site Content" from the public only (read-only) access.
Thanks in advance.
View Complete Post
I had remove "View all site content" in left navigation bar, but i don't know how to hide "View all site content" link in Site Actions.
I don't want to hide "Site Actions", just to hide "View all site content" in "Site Actions" menu.
Any help is highly appreciated.
did anyone has ever use the
VASCSiteAction to hide all site content from the sharepoint site?
i have try to isntall it for my wss 3.0 site. but i dont see it in my site featers section.
i see that it can be use for wss 3 also. so i dont know why i dont see it.
i have hide the all site content with sharepoint designer. but the thin is i want this link to only be available for the administrator. removing the link using SPD it removes it for all user.
can someone help me with this?
We have upgrade our MOSS 2007 server to SharePoint 2010. We keep it in MOSS2007 Competible mode, so that end user cant see any changes.
But after upgrading, we have found "style library" in document library, which was not present in our moss 2007 server. It is an publishing feature of MOSS2007.
Now we want to hide this "style library" from the document library, we have deactivated publishing feature on site collection and site level. But still, we are not able to hide or deactivate the "style library". Can anyone tell why it is so and provide solution
to hide this?
Any help appreciated!!!
Thanks in advanced!!!
I have deleted a meeting workspace template that errored as I was deleting it, the error was
Delete site operation cancelled by user. Check the log files for additional details.
The archive folder does not exist or is not properly configured.
Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services.
I have a 2010 farm operational and working well. I had a few questions.
(1) How to disable ribbons from appearing on the top (for anonymous sites).
(2) When I move the mouse over a tab in the top bar, how do I display a banner. It was easy enough in 2007, but I am not sure in 2010.
(3) I have disabled quick launch. But it still displays all site content and recycle bin. Is there a way to not to show those.
(4) Calendar overlay - Is this to display multiple calendars in one calendar using different colors to differentiate them. But if I had calendars in different site collections, then I guess due to the gallery boundary, I cannot calendars from multiple site
(5) Document publishing - For some reason, this was easier in SPS 2007. I am not able to get it to work in 2010. Basically update a web page dynamically from a word document. Could anyone kindly provide a link. Also, would I be able to update a page in one
site collection from a document from another site collection.
(6) Is it possible to move a folder/doc from one document library to another in one site collection (without webdav). Further, can I move a document library from one site collection to another.
Please advise. Sorry if I asked too many questions in the same post. I am newbie and this is my first post.
I have content query webparts to fetch data based on filter on managed metada its work like charm but not working on Public facing site.
i mean on public facing site its not showing data.i check all pages in library are published and also all css and custom .xsl file also published.
please advise me
I'm working in a crippled sharepoint environment - basically our multinational company has given us a Sharepoint with a Teamsite template and no tools to get the best out of it.
I have created a site with a list containing 3 public views. 2 of these views are for the "the workers" to input and view data. The 3rd view has all items, and is for management information for a select number of users. These users do not use the view directly,
it is picked up by an Excel spreadsheet.
seems to be doing something similar:
View state is a wonderful thing. It allows the ASP.NET developer to maintain state for server-side controls that are not form elements.Used judiciously, it can improve the user experience. But in the wrong hands, it can cause your pages to grind to a halt. The release of ASP.NET 2.0 will include a variety of improvements to view state that will make it easier to use and less likely to slow performance.
MSDN Magazine October 2004
I know there is a field you can check when you edit the properties of a Master Page in the Master Page Gallery to set a Master Page to hidden but ... can anyone think of a way to programmatically hide specific Master Pages from the Site Master Page Settings
Maybe this should be two questions: