We have create a number of proof of concept mini WPF MVVM programs and now looking to create a prototype application. Through researching, testing and trying out the pattern, we have discovered that there are numerous opinions, techniques and approaches
to the same simple thing; create a testable, maintainable WPF application. So what we are thinking is of posssibly getting some feedback on what style, technique, approach, framework...? would be be to meet our scenario.
Our prototype requirements are:
1) Entend a current Winform application.
2) Some views will be keyboard only and others will allow the mouse.
3) Database connected but connection string from existing application.
4) Others but not as major.
So the questions we have are:
1) As it isn't a greenfield application, should stay MVVM framework free or is there a MVVM framework that would be useful here that can be initialised per view?
2) Should we create a custom Model or use something like the Entity Framework which we have been using in the proof of concept (ProC) applications?
3) In ProC applications some had Blend support and some didn't. Can we make an application using Blend without making compromises on features?
4) Can we use IoC or Dependancy Injection within the above constraints?
That is enough for
View Complete Post