Having read many of the articles abot upgrading 2007-2010, I wanted to see if a simple approach would work.
- Ran the pre-upgrade checker
- Simply detached the DB in SQL (SQL Manager only), forcing the connections to close
- Copied the DB to the new server
- Re-attached the original DB to the 2007 server
- Attached the copied DB to the 2010 box
- Ran the shell command to attach to a web application
The content databases in question are quite simple and test units, and we are moving from the staging server to production, is this a valid approach?
Also, before I try wih a 'real' db, is there any harm done in detaching/re-attaching on the original 2007 server?
View Complete Post