I have a Report Builder 3.0 report which includes a Map object and a shared dataset (SQL against a SQL 2008 R2 database).
The Map contains a point layer which is populated by a Shared dataset in my report. I've added some filters to this dataset (on text fields) but the Map continues to show all records and doesn't apply the filter.
I've tried the following but none work:
- Converting the Shared dataset to an embedded dataset
- Only filtering one column
- Combination of setting filters from hardcoded values and parameterised values
The Map never picks up the filter. If I display the records from the shared dataset on a table then the filter is applied to the tabular results so I know the filter is being applied in at least one place.
I do have a workaround which is to add parameters to the SQL in the shared dataset. Then pass parameters from my Map report to the shared dataset. This guarantees that the parameters will be applied. However, I would still like our users
to be able to use filters for the Map.
View Complete Post