View Complete Post
When i try to register managed account it is showing me the following error and not possible to create the managed account
The specified user 'accountname ' is a local account. Local accounts should only be used in stand alone mode.
I newly created an AD Domain user account. I'd like to add it in Sharepoint 2010 Managed Accounts. However, I got this error:
The specified user domain\user could not be found. Some or all identity references could not be translated.
I check on Activie Directory Users and Computers. This account is there for sure.
How do I add this user account to managed accounts, so, I'll be able to use it for Application Pool.
I was unable to register a custom timer job in Moss 2007 using both the web interface via feature activation event as well as through code by taking the instance of the timer job class in a custom web part where i manage the custom timer
The same above case was working fine in a different environment.Could you please help by listing out the reasons/solutions/work around.
This is very critical and urgent as i was deploying the same in production.Thanks in advance.
I have a choice list column containing dropdown values. I crawled the content source and created Managed Property to map it.
Also Configured Advanced Search webpart to display the property. But when I pick the property and perform search with values then no results are returned.
Can any one can help me out.?
Thanks in Advance.!
I'm developing a .Net Remoting application that uses two Channels the first is an IPC and the second is a TCP.
I've created a new instance of the IPC channel and registered it using the following source code
BinaryServerFormatterSinkProvider objBinaryServerFormatterSinkProvider = new BinaryServerFormatterSinkProvider();
objBinaryServerFormatterSinkProvider.TypeFilterLevel = System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.TypeFilterLevel.Full;
IDictionary objArrayProperties = new Hashtable();
string portName = Guid.NewGuid().ToString();
objArrayProperties["portName"] = portName;
SecurityIdentifier sid = new SecurityIdentifier(WellKnownSidType.AuthenticatedUserSid, null);
NTAccount account = sid.Translate(typeof(NTAccount)) as NTAccount;
objArrayProperties["authorizedGroup"] = account.Value;
objArrayProperties["exclusiveAddressUse"] = false;
I am getting an error while debug my application that unable to connect SQL server......The message is...
at System.Web.DataAccess.SqlConnectionHelper.CreateMdfFile(String fullFileName, String dataDir, String connectionString)
at System.Web.DataAccess.SqlConnectionHelper.EnsureSqlExpressDBFile(String connectionString)
at System.Web.DataAccess.SqlConnectionHelper.GetConnection(String connectionString, Boolean revertImpersonation)
at System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider.RoleExists(String roleName)
at System.Web.Security.Roles.RoleExists(String roleName)
at BusinessApplication4.Web.UserRegistrationService.CreateUser(RegistrationData user, String password) in C:\Users\Balakrishna\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\BusinessApplication4\BusinessApplication4.Web\Services\UserRegistrationService.cs:line
at CreateUser(DomainService , Object )
at System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Server.ReflectionDomainServiceDescriptionProvider.ReflectionDomainOperationEntry.Invoke(DomainService domainService, Object parameters)
at System.ServiceModel.DomainServices.Server.DomainService.Invoke(InvokeDescription invokeDescription, IEnumerable`1& validationErrors)
I know that reinstalling the farm will take care of the problem, but I am still hoping there is got to be a better way.
There is a duplicate managed account. When I try to remove it with remove-spmanagedaccount, it blows up with "The account xxx is still being used by ... User Profile Synchronization Service..".
Forefront console does not run. Forefront services are stopped and none of them has this account. What else can I try?
I've developed a SQL webservice which works absolutely fine on the server but it doesn't work on my VMware. It generates following error:
"The SQL Server Service account does not have permission to register the supplied URL on the endpoint. Use sp_reserve_http_namespace to explicitly reserve the URL namespace before you try to register the URL again. An error ('0x80070005') occurred
while attempting to register the endpoint."
Here's my webservice:
CREATE ENDPOINT [SQL_Webservice]
AS HTTP (PATH=N'/TEST', PORTS = (CLEAR), AUTHENTICATION = (NTLM), SITE='192.168.xx.x', CLEAR_PORT = 80, COMPRESSION=DISABLED)
FOR SOAP (
WEBMETHOD 'GetCountries'( NAME=N'[TestDatabase].[dbo].[GetCountries]'
WEBMETHOD 'GetCities'( N
Hi. I have a itemtemplate inside a gridview.
<asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Enter OTP"> <ItemTemplate> <asp:Label ID="Label2" runat="server" style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: x-small" Text="PIN Num:"></asp:Label> <asp:TextBox ID="txtPIN" runat="server" Height="21px" Width="100px"></asp:TextBox> &