I am looking for a webpart that has similar functionality like the pageviewer webpart, but that can render external websites and even downscale/downsize them to be completely visible in smaller sizes (e.g. in a webpart zone of a webpage).
Does anyone know any good 3rd party webpart or something opensource?
View Complete Post
Hi I want to display My Documents as a webpart, so who ever logs in to the site there my documents should be displayed as a webpart.
Is there any way to do this
This site is ASP.NET 4.0 connected to a SQL 2005 backend. The database has a table that, among other things, lists the names and URIs of external sites for reference purposes. A webform has a ListView control bound to an ObjectDataSource that pulls the data from this table. The ItemTemplate and the AlternatingItemTemplate have been edited so that they contain this HyperLink:
NavigateUrl='<%# Eval("Maplink") %>' />
The page renders the data normally but the HyperLinks aren't working as intended. For example, the datatable record might contain "http://www.google.com"But when the HyperLink is created in the ListView, it comes out as: "http://subdomain.domain.com/subfolder/http://www.google.com"which, of course, fails.
How can I set up the HyperLink to route to the external site and ignore the local domain path?
Thanks for any suggestions.
I've a situation,
- External Site : This site has its own user store (user/password) to log-in to.
- SharePoint WebPart : This webpart will get some readonly data from External Site but for performing any CURD operation on the External Site the user has to Log-in to External Site using IFrame Mechanism (This login form has to be of External site, and
UserName/Passwordd should be posted to login-form of External site) sharepoint shouldn't be collecting any user/password credentials. (how can we do this?)
How user gets authenticated in External Site:
1. user Provides username/password.
2. Once authenticated to User Store it set an Authentication Cookie in use browser, thus uses this cookie with every request to perform any CURD operation.
I've to have the similar functionality in SharePoint Webpart. using IFRAME.
Hope i covered all the points in my explaination, if you can provide any blog/code which is dealing with similar kind of approach.
hi everyone, I encounter a problem when I display the data from external list. The error message is :
"Unable to display this Web Part. To troubleshoot the problem, open this Web page in a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible HTML editor such as Microsoft SharePoint Designer. If the problem persists, contact your Web server administrator.
Any solution, please?
In the same code, pasted above if I want to display rating control using xslt list view webpart what I need to write.
I have created few xslt list view webparts for my site but I am not able to display rating control using xslt. I am writing something like this
<xsl:apply-templates select="$Fields[@Name='AverageRating']" mode="PrintField">
<xsl:with-param name="thisNode" select="."/>
<xsl:with-param name="Position" select="$Position"/>
But for this I think i need to include some parameter or any particular template. Using the above type of code in xslt this is not working. I do not want to display table header row. Please guide me on this.
I've created a dataview from a MOSS2007 form library. In the dataview, I've enabled grouping by a specific column and also was able to show the total (sum) of couple of columns like this, in the group heading:
<xsl:value-of select=”sum($nodeset/@Total_x0020_Cost)” />
in the group heading.
Have you done something like this? Please advise.
I've got a MOSS 2007. I want to insert a table into the Content Editor Webpart using the Rich Text Editor. I am choosing "Insert Table" and the new window occurs. But I can't do anything.
The buttons in the format section are not enabled.
There are a lot of display errors. (I wanted to upload an image but I don't know where...) The display errors are pictures with the name "TRANS.GIF" lying in the images folder of the 12Hive. There are several of these images maybe to align the
1. I created an team site in sharepoint server 2010.Nothing I added extra to the site.
2. Then I opened that site in sharepoint designer and created a new external data type.
this is an SQL server. I have a small database in my server, I added that as an external data type to this site.
3. I am able to add the database to my site.
4. Then I created an External List of type contact list as my database has article ID, author, data of creation etc.
5. This creation also sucessfull and when I clicked on create button , my external list appeared on the quick launch but it didn't displayed anything on the page it showed up the below error on the page.
Error Message :
I wrote a custom webpart to display the comments made on any post of blog (eg: <blog>/List/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=3)
Now two things:
1. Comments list does not have any post-Id, It has post-title with Lookup type. which stores complete title of post which this comment blongs to. While in URL i am getting Post ID. How may i filter the comments ?
2. How may i check that if logged in user has Admin rights ? Because I want to display "Edit" with each comment if logged in user has Admin rights.
Thanks in advance.