I have installed 2 -3 times a 2 node active/passive cluster in both version of sql server 2005 & 2008.
Per the new requirements i have to install Active/Active clusters on both 2005 and 2008.
I have a few challenges in this regard.
1. Do i need to create independent sql groups, cluster groups and msdtc group based on the no of nodes.
2. Can i use default instance names on both the nodes.
3. Can i have multiple instances per node .(If possible means can i map all the data drives on one node to a single sql group)
3. Any considerations need to be taken care from the memory perspective ? (failover considerations)
4. In an (N+1) multi instance cluster environment is there any possibility to choose the failover between the specified nodes.
It would be great if any one can point me in the right direction by providing any docs or any links or video links for the Active/active cluster installation.
View Complete Post