Alright, it's under my skin. I have a two server farm (1 WFE/INDEX and 1 SQL). I originally followed Spence Harbar's steps at
http://www.harbar.net/articles/sp2010ups.aspx and had UPS running after several attempts at it and having the Sync service stuck at Starting. I setup the AD connection, and imported users.
All seemed fine. I also had some 5555 errors, and 22 errors in the Event Log, and when I was trying to diagnose those, it led me to going into the Sync Connection to look at it. The CA said there was no connections (I later found an article that
said this may occur if one of the FIM services wasn't started, but I didn't even look).
I decided to blow away the UPS Application and re-do it. Now, I can't get past starting no matter what I try. I went over and over the permissions and steps on Spence's page, and I keep getting to the same point:
09/30/2010 16:33:16.10 OWSTIMER.EXE (0x1620) 0x1770 SharePoint Portal Server User Profiles erx1 Medium Provisioning service instance User Profile Synchronization Service. c24b8054-2039-4917-8e2f-2881ca544323
09/30/2010 16:33:16.21 OWSTIMER.EXE (0x1620) 0x1770 SharePoint Portal Server User Profiles erx2 Medium The servi
View Complete Post