Firstly I must mention I'm new to WCF and relatively new to .NET Development - so what I'm doing might not be the best way to do it.
My problem is that when I indirectly use a table adapter's Fill() over a WCF Service connection to fill a strongly typed DataTable - it fills the table, but in the calling function, the table remains empty.
I’m busy creating a proof-of-concept using Visual Studio 2010 Professional on Windows 7 Professional accessing MS SQL 2008.
I’m trying to create an n-tier setup and thus have the following 5 projects:
1. "MsSqlDataAccess" - a project containing the TableAdapters from a strongly typed dataset.
2. "Entity" - I've separated my DataSet from the "MsSqlDataAccess" to be in this project.
3. "Comm" - WCF Service using netTCPBinding.
- This makes available GetUsers() and FillUsers().
- FillUsers() can either take a dataset or a datatable.
- Above mentioned methods call the applicable TableAdapter methods.
4. "Service" - a Windows Service hosting the WCF Service.
5. "WpfTestClient" - a WPF client consuming the service.
I can return a filled DataTable when I use the TableAdapter's Get() method via the WCF service's GetUsers() method.<
View Complete Post