I have a long-running WCF service pumping out UDP multicast messages and a Windows client consuming them. The client runs a WCF service to listen for updates. It is similar to a stock ticker. Each multicast contains a datacontract object containing
state data for stock.
I noticed that each time I ran the client a particular stock was not receiving any updates. All the other stocks were updating ok. The missing stock was different each time I ran the app.
My log showed that the stock updates were not being received in the service class on the client.
I enabled both service level and transport message logging on both client and service. The service trace showed all messages were being sent as expected. The client side trace confirmed that the messages were not being received. That suggests a transport
quota problem, except the trace log reported no errors (see custom binding config below). The messages are encrypted which could be a source of problems except that no errors are apparent.
I know UDP is inherently unreliable but it is strange that only packets with the same ticker are lost. Furthermore I am running client and service on the same development machine, so there should not be significant packet loss anyway.
On the basis of the evidence from the message logs, can I assume that the problem d
View Complete Post