I have a few questions regarding the "special" ASP.NET folders in Visual Studio web projects.
- Adding an App_Data folder in Visual Studio is present, but grayed out in my C# web project, why?
- What are the meanings of the various ASP.NET "special" folders?
- Themes - I know this is used to contain stylesheets for a particular theme and is then specified in the web.config or page (if I remember right).
- App_Code - Were these classes that were pre-compiled?
- Do these ASP.NET folders retain their special meaning if you manually create a folder with the same name instead using the "Add ASP.NET Folder" feature in Visual Studio?
View Complete Post