I'm having something unusual happening with a Web Service created using Visual Studio 2008. Basically, the Application_Start event stops getting called when I add another project to the solution. Here's what I'm doing (note that I'm using the ASP.NET Development Server):
1. Create a new Web Service project.
2. Add a new WebService class.
3. Add Global.asax.
4. Add a single line "System.Diagnostics.Debugger.Break();" to Application_Start in Global.asax.
5. Change Web.Config compilation debug="true" (actually VS did it for me when I first try to run it).
6. Run the solution. Result: Visual Studio breaks in the Application_Start event.
7. Manually stop the ASP.NET Development Server.
8. Re-run the solution. Result: Visual Studio breaks in the Application_Start event.
All good so far. However, when I continue...
9. Manually stop the ASP.NET Development Server.
10. Add new project (a Windows Class Library) to the solution. This is NOT set as the startup project (the startup project is still the web service project). No references are added to either project and no other changes are made to either project.
11. Delete the default Class1.cs that automatically gets added to the class library project.<
View Complete Post