Hi I am using Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise on a VPS , I am installing a windows service that hosts a WCF service inside it.
I am getting Error 1053 when I try to start the service, I checked the event viewer, I can only see
"Service service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."
This same service run well on Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
I wrapped the service logic in a console application and installed it on my VPS, and I was able to run the service logic.
I have checked many forms,
- I tried setting th ServicesPipeTimeout to 60000 in registry, and no effect
- I used service this.RequestAdditionalTime(60000 ), and no change
- I tried setting the service user to administrator user rather than local system, and no change
- The service logic does not start directly, I use a thread timer, to start service in code after 1 minute, and again no change
- How can I remove the 30 seconds time out, or resolve this iss
View Complete Post