I get the error message “Excel was unable to get necessary information about this cube. The cube might have been reorganized or changed on the server” when I open the excel on the sharePoint site and the PowerPivot Datasource is already
refreshed successfully on schedule.
I describe my steps more clearly.
- Step1. Create Excel pivot tables and charts by using PowerPivot datasource which connects to SQL Server.
- Step2. Publish Excel to SharePoint site. The Analysis Server will build a PowerPivot cube in "VertiPaq" StorageEngineMode automatically and the cube name including an "uniqueindentifier" in the end.
- Step3. Schedule PowerPivot refresh plan on SharePoint and the successful result comes out soon. After PowerPivot refreshed the "uniqueindentifier" will be changed to another one automatically.
- Step4. When I open excel on the SharePoint I will get the error message again. If I click the "ok" then Excel will really Refresh.
Now I have tried two ways:
- Locale setting: Doesn't work. It seems not to be the cause of my problem because it won't happen if my excel's datasource is connecting to DB or Cube directly.