I tried unsucessfully to implement incremental crawling on my external list data. The external list is created from an external content type using a BDC model. The BDC model is created using a .NET conenctivity assembly which makes web service
calls to retrieve the data. The LastModifiedTimeStampField property is configured as the name of a DateTime field (DateModifiedTimestamp) on my entity object.
I am able to view all of the data in the external list. However, when I try to index the external list in SharePoint Search Server 2010 through a full crawl, it fails after a couple hundred (of 12K+ records) sucessful record indexes with the error
"Error while crawling LOB contents. (Not a valid Win32 FileTime).
The SharePoint log contains this: FLTRDMN: Errorinfo is "Not a valid Win32 FileTime." [fltrsink.cxx:553] d:\office\source\search\native\mssdmn\fltrsink.cxx
The obvious reason for this error might be that the DateTime field configured with the last modified date data does not contain a valid datetime value. However, I have confirmed that I can parse all of the dates returned from the web service (I created
a console applicstion to pull the records and parse the modified date).
View Complete Post