I've inherited rather a mess, the situation is as follows:
1 web application named home.company.com
containing 2 databases:
db_1 - contains:
- Intranet site collection - http://home.company.com/
- Used for mysites - http://home.company.com/personal/*
- equal number of mysites to db_1 (about 2500 in each)
- /MySite - my site host site collection?
- /SSP/Admin - SSP admin website site collection?
I propose to do the following:
Rename home.company.com web app to ssp.company.com, including hostheader/DNS etc
create fresh home.company.com web app
Move pre-existing home.company.com/ site collection to new web app/database with stsadm -o mergecontentdbs specifiying the one site collection in a file.
merge the remaining 2 contentdbs ENTIRELY in the ssp.company.com web application
The bit I'm not sure about is the last sentence - is it supported to merge these contentdbs as they contain mysites and ssp admin site.
THe ssp admin database itself used for storing the ssp configuration info is obviously a seperate DB.
Why do I want to sort all this out?? Because I need to upgrade the profiles/My Sites to 2010, and to do this I need to attach the relevant databases! As well as th
View Complete Post