We just upgraded to SSAS 2008 64 bit (and windows 2008 R2) a couple of weeks ago and now we have an issue that I can't seem to figure out. Our cubes have not changed at all. Previous to the upgrade we were running server 2003 and SSAS
2005 54 bit.
The issue is over the past week the SSAS servers have decided to take up almost all the memory (about 90%) on the server and render itself useless. It is the SSAS service that is taking up almost all the memory and if I stop other services to
free up some it just takes that up too. So here is a break down of the issue and what I have tried. The issue seems to be happening faster and faster now so I am at a loss currently.
Setup that has issue:
- SSAS 2008 SP1 64 bit on SQL 2008 R2
- Default configs as that worked previously in 2005
- not structure changes
- machine has 2 quad core procs and 16 GB mem
- accessed via web calls and linked server on SQL server on different machine
What I have tried
- install CU10 (due to other issue)
- rebuild aggregations
- reduce memory limits to 40% for low and 50% for max respectively
Results of what I have tried so far: memory still hits the 90% within 24 hours so that tells me the changes have done nothing. I don't know what to do. <
View Complete Post