Currently I am working on a user control which has the following "layout":
- the user control elements are placed inside an Update Panel
- inside the Update Panel I have a MultiView control with 4 views:
- first view 2 buttons to select the type of the user to create (clicking one button changes the active view to the second view, clicking the other one activates the third view)
- second view is for the form used to create a user type
- third view is for the form used to create the other user type
- forth view should be used to display the confirmation message for the creation of both user types
In both forms, besides he usual textboxes I am also using validation controls to make sure the data the user inputs is correct.
However, I have a problem in case the data is invalid (the user doesn't input some mandatory field): for a very short period of time I see the * next to the mandatory field and the error in the validation summary, but immediately the active view is switched back to the first view in the MultiView control.
How can I force the control to stay on the view with the selected form?
Any ideas, suggestions or comments are welcomed!
Thank you in advance!
View Complete Post