View Complete Post
Hello,I'm fairly new to ASP.NET and i'm using the Membership Provider. I have the need to do similar to some banking sites. Baically I need to track "authorized" computers/ip's for a user. If the user accesses the site form a recognized Computer/IP then the user is allowed into the app after successful login. If the computer/IP is not recognized I need to redirect them to a screen to answer the security question setup in fhte Membership Provider.Has anyone done anything like this or can anyone point me to any examples? I did a search, but can't seem to find anything.
My idea is to maintain a list of authorized computers/IP addresses and check them on initial login. If the IP address isn't found I can redirect them to the questions. My concern is that they are then actually authenticated and could enter any of the site URL's as an authenticated user.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
I have a 2010 farm operational and working well. I had a few questions.
(1) How to disable ribbons from appearing on the top (for anonymous sites).
(2) When I move the mouse over a tab in the top bar, how do I display a banner. It was easy enough in 2007, but I am not sure in 2010.
(3) I have disabled quick launch. But it still displays all site content and recycle bin. Is there a way to not to show those.
(4) Calendar overlay - Is this to display multiple calendars in one calendar using different colors to differentiate them. But if I had calendars in different site collections, then I guess due to the gallery boundary, I cannot calendars from multiple site
(5) Document publishing - For some reason, this was easier in SPS 2007. I am not able to get it to work in 2010. Basically update a web page dynamically from a word document. Could anyone kindly provide a link. Also, would I be able to update a page in one
site collection from a document from another site collection.
(6) Is it possible to move a folder/doc from one document library to another in one site collection (without webdav). Further, can I move a document library from one site collection to another.
Please advise. Sorry if I asked too many questions in the same post. I am newbie and this is my first post.
Wondering if you can help me. I am setting up a sharepoint site on Server 2008 for my the small company I work for. Its pretty new to me but I have done things like this in the past.
The domain the server and PC's are in is called ICCSOL.com. Now I want people to be able to type in ICCSOL.com in their browsers and for it point to the Sharepoint home page.
At the moment it goes to a page saying "It works"
My sharepoint site install automatically gave it port number 41658. So it
I want ICCSol.com to direct to
Can anyone help me? Its probably a simple thing to do but I just cant figure it out.
Many thanks in advance.
I'm looking to alter a Site Quota on MySites on my 2007 environment.
My questions are this:
How does it impact current users of sites that exceed this limit?
Will it send them an email?
Will it purge some of their data?
Will it not permit those users from adding anything new to their MySite
Also I was wondering if there are any low/no cost third party tools that would run an audit of our MySites to determine how many sites would exceed my planned limit?