I've got a report I'm testing in SQL 2008 R2 Reporting Services (evaluation), and while it displays in the web browser fine when I go to export it I get some odd results. First of all, it exports to TIFF/MHTML formats perfectly fine. When I try PDF I get
an out of memory error (with details below), and when I try to export to Word I get a skewed sliver of the report available on the right hand side of the page.
The interactive size and page size are 36" x 36", and margins of .25" are set for all sides. The body of the report is set to 35.5" x 35.5". Within the body there are 3 map components which take up the entire space, one on the left which is the full
height and half the width of the body, and two on the right which are half the height and half the width of the body. The report displays fine in the designer, and when rendered in a web browser - so I'm pretty sure it's not a matter of too much detail.
While rendering the report for the browser the available physical memory on the system remains pretty constant at about 1GB available (out of 1.5 GB total physical). When trying to export the report to PDF the available memory fluctuates between 350MB-1GB
available, and eventually dies. I also tried giving the machine 2GB of physical memory, but ran into the exact same error. Rendering to other formats like T
View Complete Post