I just virtualized(vmware) both front and backend server for Sharepoint 2007 . The issue I'm having is that my Sharepoint Site Usage pages are no longer showing results.
I tried giving WSS_ADMIN_WPG ans WSS_WPG Full control of the logs folder but still no luck.C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\LOGS
I noticed the following 2 event id errors on my front end server
Source: Office Sharepoint Server
Event ID 7888
runtime exception was detected. Details follow.
Message: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPGlobal.HandleUnauthorizedAccessException(UnauthorizedAccessException ex)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.CrossListQuery(String bstrUrl, String bstrXmlWebs, String bstrXmlLists, String bstrXmlQuery, ISP2DSafeArrayWriter pCallback, Object& pvarColumns)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.GetSiteData(SPSiteDataQuery query)
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.CrossListQueryCache.GetSiteData(CachedArea cachedArea, SPWeb web, SPSiteDataQuery query)
For more information, see Help and Support Center at
View Complete Post