View Complete Post
I recently exported/imported an SP2010 site collection from Dev to Prod. The site collection had about 90 sites, which were all driven from a site template. Once the export/import had taken place, I created an additional 15 sites (in Prod), using the original
site template that was created in the Dev environment. Everything seemed to be working just fine, but I found an issue with the Picture Library Slideshow Web Parts (PLSWP) on all the sites that were created in Prod. Basically, I have a Picture Library, and
any pictures added to this library show up in the PLSWP. The original 80 site's PLSWP works fine, but the new 15 sites will not show the pictures through the PLSWP (the viewer just shows up blank). Here is the difference in the html output of the picture viewer:
PLSWP from Dev:
<a target="_blank" href="http://forefronttest/realestate/RE/West/HOU/3560/Project%20Pictures/test.jpg" id="MSOPictureLibrarySlideshowWebPart_ctl00_m_g_28b22a62_6d8
If you've ever needed to build an easy-to-maintain intranet site, here's a solution based on Microsoft Office documents. Many sites require constant updating of their HTML, but the use of Word documents can simplify the process. This article details the construction of a human resources site that exploits the File System Object (FSO), OLE Structured Storage, and ActiveX capabilities of Word documents. This allows the HR staff to copy their revised or newly created Word files to the site, dynamically generate a list of links to their files, and free IS from the constant recoding of HR updates into new HTML pages.
MSDN Magazine March 2000
We have a document library on a site created off of the Report Center site template. We uploaded a Word 2007 document with the word zebra in the text. Using the search bar at the top of the page we selected This list: Our document library and searched for
zebra. We received no results.
We tested the same thing on another site (site template Team site) within the same site collection and search worked fine.
Does the Report Center search function differently then the search functionality on the Team site?
I am receiving the error "Cannot complete this action. Please try again" when trying to add a document library to one of the sites. This is Sharepoint 2007 SP1. I seem to be able to do it thru designer but not the web interface.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
import/export wizard in 2000 had lots of options.
I could copy databases without a care in the world. Including constraints, stored proc., AND the data, etc.
Now, with v2008, the wizard is dumbed down too much. It's a "stupid" copy function that fails on the first constraint it meets.
"Copy database.." is not an option here: it needs sysadmin on both source and destination server.
Re-adding the constraints manually is not an option either: the database is WAY too large.
I'm actually hoping there is a temporary bug in the import/export wizard. Each option (and you have THREE...) returns with a new error.
Googling, I found I am not alone:
This post is exactly my situation. Here's what his post says: (bolded key parts)
"Hi I'm trying to get used to sql server 2008 having been
forced to upgrade by my isp. I need to back up my key db on a weekly
remote schedule, so have been trying to use ssms to export data from my
remote db to a local copy. Firstly I created a new empty db on
the local machine. Then I scripted the structure of the db on the
remote machine and ran the resulting query on the local machin