I created a timer job based on Andrew Connell's tutorial. I ran this timer job on my development server, and it works perfectly. When I deployed it to our testing server, which is a multi-server farm with one wfe, it doesn't seem to work.
Here is what I have tried so far to get the timer job to work on our test server, based on other posts in this forum, and other tutorials I read on the web.
- I made sure to stop and restart the timer job every time I change the solution
- I have logged-in with the farm account on my test server to deploy and activate the feature
- I have checked the timer job status in Central Admin, it says the timer job ran on the wfe with a status of Succeeded, and a progress of 100%
- I have checked the SharePoint logs, I see "Start invoke timer job" with my timer job name, and usually the next line or two reads "End invoke timer job"
- In the execute method, I am now telling it to write to the Sharepoint Logs that it has started, but this line never appears in the logs
I assume that since this is the first time writing a timer job, I am obviously missing something that my solution needs to run on a multi-server farm. I even played with the SPJobLockType, but no luck, it is currently set to ContentDatabase. Do I need to
add code that tells my timer jo
View Complete Post