I'm trying to do a catastrophic restore of a SharePoint Beta 2 environment. The essential bits are in the content database, as I want some performancepoint reports out from there.
I've got two options:
1) Restore using a MSSQL backup of the content database and add it to a SharePoint 2010 Beta environment. I got it restored to SQL, but when I try to attach it it complains this:
User does not have permission to alter database 'WSS_Content_VARecovery', the database does not exist, or the database is not in a state that allows access checks.
ALTER DATABASE statement failed.
sp_dboption command failed.
2. Install a fresh SP2010 Beta environment, and restore the SharePoint full farm backups. I hope this goes through just nice, as I'm in the progress now...'
Any tips and advice would be helpful in my strive.
View Complete Post