We have a 4 node active-active cluster catering to 8 instances of SQL. Recenly we had a issue when we tried to connect to the Management Studio, we were pointed with error stating that the instnace does not exist error -26 etc. The same was the scenario on all the 4 nodes and we observed that the browser serves was not starting and his was causing the connection to the server to fail.
On refering to the blogs we found that his was being caused by some 32bit registry entries in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.9. We renamed this to .9x on all the nodes and are now able to start the borwser service.
The issue here is the above is only a temporary workaround. Each time the nodeÃÂ restarts, these entries are created again.
Could anyone guide us on how to get this fixed andwhat programs is responsible for this as though browser srevice has started, i see many errors in the eventlogs which look as below. These entries are because of the change in the registry value but we need to fix them too..
Cluster service could not write to a file (C:\DOCUME~1\SRV-EA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\CLS887.tmp). The disk may be low on disk space, or some other serious condition exists.
View Complete Post