I'm in the process of creating a ASP.NET page that will allow the user to upload PDF files stored on a CD onto the server. I have written a piece of code that checks for an .ini file and then goes into a specific folder that will save the PDF files to a folder I have specified on my computer. Now that works fine in localhost, but when I uploaded it to the server it stopped working.
I get a 404 error everytime I click on the button to upload. I suspect i'm not correctly accessing the client's cd drive because the path to their drive isn't correct.
01.Protected Sub btnUpload_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnUpload.Click
02. Dim fileReader As String = ""
03. Dim intCount As Integer = 1
04. Dim strFileName As String = "D:INI FILES\" ' TODO: CHANGE PATH
05. Dim fFile As New FileInfo(strFileName)
06. Dim files() As String = Directory.GetFiles("D:\PDF\")
07. Dim intNumOfFiles As Integer = CInt(files.Length()) - 1
View Complete Post