A couple of issues with authentication and site collection URLS.
1) I changed the authentication type on my site collection to NTLM. After doing so I am unable to connect to central administration from a remote computer, I am only able to connect to while logged onto the physical server that hosts central administration.
What did I break by changing tha authentication type and how do I fix it?
2) I want to change the URL used to connect to the site (internally for now). The original URL is "Http://<server hostname>" I want the url to be
http://sharepoint.<domain>.com. I went into central adminsitration and then into alternate access mappings and changed the default URL to
http://sharepoint.<domain>.com. I am still able to connect to the site using
http://<server hostname> and I am also able to connect with the new URL (additions also made to DNS). The issue I am having, is when I connect to the new URL, I am prompted to login where before the windows authentication
jsut worked. Also after logging in if I attempt to open a document I am once again prompted to enter my credentials. Even after checking the r
View Complete Post