Is there a solution to resolve the constant "Prompts" For user id's and passwords when a person tries to open/launch/edit office documents from sharepoint 2010.
My setup: sharepoint fqdn in the domain sp.domainname.local, The sharepoint server is a member of this internal domain. In dns I have local zone of sp.domainname.com with a cname that points to the internal sharepoint server. There is no issue
in users accessing the server both internal and external, The issue arises when Office documents are launched from SP2010.
In central admin I have configured the alternate access mappings to be
I have also tried putting the fqdn dns name of the sharepoint server in IE8 trusted zone but
no luck, I still get credential prompts.
I think the issue might be that Office does not see that the files are coming from the fqdn of sp.domainname.com so hence the prompts.
Trying to fix this as right now its a total pita. I found some previous posts on this issue with SP2007 but found nothing that really addresses this in SP2010.
View Complete Post