I am trying to set up SharePoint 2010 on small farm environment. 1 db server, 1 domain controller and 1 SharePoint server - where all services should run.
It was installed and working, until I tried to configure user profile synchronization service. I used least privileged account model, following in particular this article http://www.harbar.net/articles/sp2010ups.aspx
As you know, the configuration is quite complicated and require a lot of tuning on accounts rights.
I apparently mess something up very, very badly because since then SharePoint Timer Service keep failling every 2 or so minutes.
It all started at 6 am this morning when the service was recycled.
System Event viewer is flooded a loop of 4 events regarding the timer service:
- Timer service entered the running state.
2.30 minutes latter:
- Timer service entered the stopped state
- Timer service terminated with service-specific error %%-2147467259
- Timer service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 30000 milliseconds: Restart the service
and starting again after 30 seconds
for you information, here are the exact events:
Log Name: System
View Complete Post