I stuffed up my installation of SP 2010 by first installing MS Project 2010 onto the server. I then removed the application, this is where my problems began. After removing my entire SP sites would not work. I figured I had to reinstall
MS Project 2010 to get the SP Admin config wizard to work correctly. My sites then came back online. :) But now I find my searching is not working.
I am getting the following errors
The search application 'Search Service Application' on server <SERVERNAME> did not finish loading. View the event logs on the affected server for more information
In the event log
Application Server Administration job failed for service instance Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceInstance (65a62f7e-3894-4ef8-baab-e5f699b7196a). Reason: The device is not ready. Technical
Support Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The device is not ready. at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceInstance.Synchronize() at Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.ApplicationServerJob.ProvisionLocalSharedServiceInstances(Boolean
View Complete Post