So my client has uncovered this wierd scenario and I am not happy/satisfied with the solution the IE support team offered.
The scenario is IE 8 on Windows XP with a client certificate installed. This happens only against one of the environments and only on tabs 1 & 2, the 3rd tab works fine. If we use Fiddler to watch the request it fixes the problem.
Here is what I believe to be the issue. We have used some other tools to log the request and see the content-length set to 0 when it fails and some valid number, like 62 when it succedes. Fiddler seems to correct the content length value hence why it works.
From what I have gathered this content length value is checked somewhere deep in the WCF boiler room and therefor not something we could just overwrite to force it to ignore that value and proceed to deserialize the JSON for us.
Something I did learn about IE is when you open the first tab it secretly launches 3 threads, with two reserved for the next 2 tabs you open. Somehow the 3rd tab always works. It also works just fine in Chrome & FireFox and IE on Windows 7. It is just
isloated to IE 8 on Windows XP.
The IE support team said to disable preauthorization in the browser. But honestly that did not set well with me since the 3rd tab works. So I thought I would share the issue here since I doubt we will get an IE fix, I thought ma
View Complete Post