HI, does anyone have any ideas...
I have created a BDC application in VS 2010, and installed it on the sharepoint 2010 server and I am at a loss to explain the behaviour.
I create an external list using my application as the data source. When I open the sharepoint site and access the list from a browser on the sharepoint server itself, everything works fine.
However, when I access the sharepoint site from a different machine, my BDC application reports a failure to open the SQL Server connection (Error 40 - could not open connection to SQL Server).
However, if I access the list from the server (which works), and then access the list from another machine, the remote machine now works, and will work for a short while before reverting to error 40. I am assuming that this is because the connection has
been opened when I accessed the list on the server, and then the remote session is picking up the open connection in the pool, because if I then wait a couple of minutes for the connection to time out and try accessing the list again from a remote machine
the connection then fails again.
It does not matter who I am logged in as (I have tried being a normal user on the server and an administrator on the remote machine, and visa versa), but the behaviour is consistent. Also, my connection string in my BDC application contains a
View Complete Post