I'm curious to see if anyone has done this. Currently, my environment has 3 seperate SharePoint 2007 server farms. I'm currently evaluating SharePoint 2010 and so far like what I see. I'm wondering though what would be the steps I would
need to go through to actually upgrade and then merge them all to one SharePoint 2010 farm? The steps I can think of are the following:
1. Make sure all 2007 farms are on the lastest (or at least similar) version
2. Upgrade each farm to SharePoint 2010
3. Create new 2010 farm
4. Copy upgraded farms' site collections to NEW 2010 farm.
OR can I do this:
1. Make sure all 2007 farms are on the same version
2. Create a copy of each current SharePoint 2007 site collection that I want
3. Create NEW 2007 Farm
4. Copy content to new farm
5. Upgrade new farm to 2010
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
View Complete Post