Our client's requirements for some Charts are simply:
1. Users with no access to specific Business Units (A Dimension with Parent-Child Hierarchy, refereed as
BU from now) shall see the total amount (Revenues for example) of All Top Parent BUs but should not be able to drill down on any of the children BUs of the Top Parent BUs they don't have access to.
2. Users with full access to specific BUs shall be able to see the whole value of All Top Parent BUs and their children BUs as well.
1. User with No Access to BU 'A' shall see the total Value for this BU A, but cannot drill down to A1,A2,Ax.. which are children of A.
2. User with Full Access to BU 'A' shall see the total Value for this BU A, and can drill down to A1,A2,Ax..
For disabling access to specific BUs with the ability to see their total values, I did the following in the cube security roles configuration (Consider the latter Example #1):
1. In the Dimension Data Page, I chose the radio box
Select all members, And checked the box beside the BU A, unchecked all
View Complete Post