Following some advice on here, I created a .bat file that uses rs.exe and an rss file to deliver my reports to our Production Report Server. This delivers the reports OK but leaves them detached from the shared Datasource. All my reports use the same shared
datasource so if I deploy using Visual Studio, I get a message that the Datasource was not replaced because I didn't specify that option in the deploy.
However, when I deliver the report using the batch file and rs.exe, I get a message "The data set 'xxx' refers to the shared data source 'yyyy', which is not publsihed on the report server. Well it is because I can see it there and all my other reports are
using it fine. If I try and run the report, it fails because it is not attached to a Datasource. However, I can link that report to that datasource (the one the error message says is not published there) and it then runs fine. If I subsequently redeploy
the report using the same .bat file, I get the same error message but now the report runs OK - presumably because I have manually associated it with that Datasource.
This is my RSS file: