I'm not having much luck getting an 'Oracle Provider for OLE DB' remote connection in connection manager to work when creating an SSIS package in BIDS.
I've covered off all the steps in the following linkhttp://www.artisconsulting.com/blogs/greggalloway/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=11
The local machine is running SQL 2005 Sp2 Enterprise Edition on W2003ÃÂ Sp2 StandardÃÂ Edition X64
Using the OracleÃÂ 'Net Configuration Assistant'ÃÂ I can connect successfully to the remote service
I'm using ODAC 10g Release 2.
TheÃÂ steps to reproduce the error are as follows
1. in BIDS after creating an SSIS Solution
2. Right click in the ÃÂ Connection Manager and select new OLE DBÃÂ Connection
3. Click 'New'
4. SelectÃÂ 'Oracle provider for OLE DB'
5.ÃÂ Under server I enter the service name that I created in the Oracle 'Net Configuration Assistant'
6. Enter the user name and password as I entered in the Oracle 'Net Configuration Assistant'
7. When I click 'Test Connection' I get the following error
Test connection failed because of an error inÃÂ initializing provider. ORA-12154: TNS could not resolve the connect identifier specified
I've spent a lot of time trying to get this to work and tried othe
View Complete Post