I'm trying to create a custom document library template at farm level, as I want to template to be available in all the sites I create.
The thing is that I'm not sure if I'm taking the correct approach. I just need a standard document library with 3 additional columns (Metadata) 2 text fields and one date field. I will then add a document library of this type to a custom site template I've
already created. (So instead of list with Type '101' I will use my custom 10055 library.
The way I'm trying to do this is:
1. I make a copy of the FEATURES\DocumentLibrary folder of my installation. So now I have FEATURES\CustomLibrary folder
2. I create an empty SharePoint project in Visual Studio 2010 and map the TEMPLATE folder, and the I add CustomLibrary folder and all the files and subfolders in it.
3. I edit the feature.xml, and add a newly generated GUID
4. I make the modifications I need to the other xml files included in the DocLib and SiteTemplates subfolders. (Type=10055, etc..)
5. I right click on the solution and deploy.
After this, I can't see my custom library when I try to create a new item in my sites.
One thing I don't understand is why the OOTB DocumentLibrary feature has HIDDEN = true in the feature.xml file. Anyway I've tried both in my custom template, but
View Complete Post