SharePoint Server 2010 Enterprise RTM. W2K8R2 w/multi-server setup:
AD/DNS SQL 2008 WFE APP Claims Mode Web App only using Windows Integrated Auth
So, this was never a problem in 2007, and I didn't even realize it was a problem in 2010 until I started to build a solution that utilized my blog article:
InfoPath - User Roles in Browser-Enabled Forms Using AD Groups. I went to utilize the same web method of the same web service, but I noticed that no data was showing up at all. Typically,
the GetUserMembership/GetCommonMembership methods return the specified user's memberships: AD Security Groups, AD Distribution Lists, and SharePoint Sites (not SharePoint Groups, though).
My user profile sync is working. All AD users are pulled in with the proper profile data.
"Users and Groups" is selected in the Synchronization Entities section of my Sync Settings.
Security groups are working for permissions and audience targeting. Confirmed my users are affected properly by the use of Security Groups.
My query to the GetUserMemberships web method (and GetCommonMemberships) is running (not failing), but it's not returning anything even though my user is in some Security Groups and has explicit membership to multiple sites.
The GetUserProfileByName method of the same UserProfileService.asmx web service
returns all the regular profile data
View Complete Post