I disabled TDE on my dev database because we determined no personally identifiable info will be stored. Disabling was done like so:Then I created a backup of MyDB database
and tried to restore on a different server instance on my same machine (using SSMS) and I get the following error:
Afterwards, I ran the following query to ensure there are no encrypted databases, and it returns zero rows:
WHEN 0 THEN
'Unencrypted (no database encryption key present)'
WHEN 1 THEN
WHEN 2 THEN
'Encryption in Progress'
WHEN 3 THEN
WHEN 4 THEN
'Key Change in Progress'
WHEN 5 THEN
'Decryption in Progress'
END AS encryption_state,
Then I created a backup of MyDB database and tried to restore on a different server instance on my same machine (using the SSMS) and I get the following fatal error:
The media family on device 'c:\Program Files\...\Backup\TDE_removed_from_db.bak' is incorrectly formed. SQL Server cannot process this media family.
View Complete Post