We are communicating between two applications over HTTPS MSMQ using SSL certificates. One application runs on Windows Server 2003 while the other runs on Windows Server 2008. The connection works fine and we are able to communicate between the two applications.
However, the communication channel is unpredictable and unreliable and once in a while it gives the following errors-
1) Sometimes, the status of the queues toggle between "Connected" to "Waiting to Connect" in intervals of 2-3 minutes.
2) Sometimes, the status of the queue at one end goes to a steady "Waiting to Connect" state.
This problem happens suddenly without making any changes to the system. The resolution to this strange issue has been-
1) Sometimes, restarting the services resolves the issue.
2) Sometimes, the security certificate uninstallation and reinstallation corrects the problem.
3) Sometimes, uninstallation and reinstallation of MSMQ itself is required to resolve the problem.
4) Sometimes, it does not get resolved even after applying all the above three options!
Can somebody point out what might be going wrong? What needs to be done in order to get a steady reliable communication channel over HTTPS MSMQ? Do we need any patch or hot-fix or is it a known issue?
Thanks a lot, in advance...
View Complete Post