Aside from using Reporting Services an such - I was wondering if there were any suggestions to this logic:
* ASP.NET Repeaters to generate the output of the report - sortable columns.
* Use SQL Stored Procedures to generate the data.
My painful hurdle right now is sorting (eventually implement throttling with SQL paging). I really don't want to do stored procedure sorting nor do I want to call the stored procedure every time I want to sort. So my solutions I've came up with so far:
1. Store a datatable in session and do sorting on it and bind it to the repeater.
2. Store the datatable as xml form in a blob field in SQL database - when the user sorts, we retrive the xml, convert to datatable, then sort, rebind repeater.
3. Insert all the report data into a "temp" (a more permenant table used just for storing output) sql table, and just perform queries off of it with sorting. - I really don't like this option.
Does anyone else have any suggestions? Is it the norm out there to use reporting services? I'm wondering what everyone else is doing when it comes to web based reporting without licensing other products.
Thanks in advance,Reece
View Complete Post