I have just installed Sharepoint 2010 trial version. I installed with a 2 server setup - sharepoint and SQL was on separate Virtual machines. Previously the search could work. Crawl logs showed all success.
Until yesterday I began to fiddle around with PDF iFilter and configuring it to make sure PDF could be searched. I consulted the following websites(http://sptwentyten.wordpress.com/2009/12/30/install-foxit-pdf-ifilter-on-sharepoint-2010-beta/
but faced problem along the way such as
- issuing IISreset command (In the end I had to use services to stop/start IIS Admin Service),
-restarting Sharepoint Search Server 14 (net stop osearch14, net start osearch14). (In the end only the local administrator account could perform this)
- I also had other problems/typo so everytime I tried, I did a full crawl.
Then I noticed my search could not WORK AT ALL after fiddling with Sharepoint along the way. It showed all failures in the crawl log. With 103 errors related to 'The object was not found'.
It will show my top level sites even, ie http://domainname - but actually when i clicked on it, I could access.
IN the event viewer, it showed Event ID 14 error. Task Category 'Gatherer', Event ID 14, Source is from 'Sharepoint Search Server'. details
View Complete Post