View Complete Post
We have a set of documents in a document library, which we are trying to download. if i click on the document and try to download, it takes a lot of time and then reports a error message.
Exception from HRESULT: 0x80041050
Now when we also try to upload documents, it does not allow us to upload the documents and reports a exception.
We tried to research through through the error, it gaves us while downloading the document, it is somewhat related to the Antivirus issues and looks like a document that is infected. This is only related to some documents and not all documents.
Let us know if there is any where to work around this issue and allow users to upload and download documents or how to tackle the antivirus issue.
It looks like the SharePoint antivirus has flagged off some of the so-called infected documents with some non-zero values, the resolution to this as suggested by microsoft is to re-run the anti-virus, so that the document value can be set to zero again and
have the file downloaded.
Your help will be highly appreciated in this regards.
The documents w/in the document library that have been exposed via the document library web part is not visible to our users in Germany but the web part heading and 'Add a new document' link is visible to them; all are visible to other
users in same permissions group. The users in Germany can execute the shortcut links to the documents within this library and can upload a document to the library but just cannot see the list of the documents within the library via the document
library web part; what baffles is that they can see a sub-set of the documents via the List View webpart on the same landing page. We have checked for their membership inclusion within the site and document library permissions and there is no unique
permissions at the document level, and there is no unique filters with the document library web part. Where else do we need to look or do to resolve? Thank you in advance for your help.
I am running MOSS 3007 Standard on Windows 2003. When trying to upload files larger than about 29Mb, I am getting an HTTP 400 Bad request error. The error states "HTTP Error 400 - Request is badly formed." I am able to successfully upload a 28Mb file. Sharepoint
is configured to accept files up to 75Mb.
I have done a fair amount of research on this, but none of the solutions seem to apply to our environment. The two most likely candidates do not apply, for example we are NOT running URLScan (there are a variety of solutions suggesting this could be an issue
with uploads of 30Mb or more), and we are on 2003 with IIS6, so again the issue relating to 2008 and IIS7 do not apply.
The "Request is badly formed" part of the request is particularly confusing as most issues I have come across where this error is the symptom point to errors in custom code that is trying to talk to SharePoint. We have done none of our own custom coding
and this error is occurring when attempting a simple upload to a document library.
Trying to drag and drop the file across when the document library is open in windows explorer also fails.
I did come across someone saying they had a similar problem which was caused by a damaged content database, however in this case, it is occuring regardless of which content database I use, so either they are all corrupt