I am trying to build a workflow project on a PC and I am getting the "error 348: Compilation failed. Cannot execute a program." error. This project is part of a bigger solution and it used to build just fine on my PC. Also, the project and the solution build OK on several other computers. I am sure that the problem is something on my PC.
1. I am not sure what changed to make the project start failing.
2. I tried to delete the project, source and all folders from the disk and sync to the source control again
3. Re-installed the .NET 3.5 framework
4. Uninstalled Visual Studio 2008, deleted the visual studio folder under program files, and reinstalled VS 2008
5. I noticed the the file referenced in the error "...Temp\8sl_helt.cmdline" does not exist under the Temp folder. An empty folder called "8sl_helt"however is created, but there is no file with the cmdline extension.
I turned up the output log to "diagnostics", this is the output generated when the error happens.
Have anybody seen this?
Done building target "_ComputeNonExistentFileProperty" in project "QCReviewWorkflowLibrary.csproj".
Target "CreateWorkflowManifestResourceNames" skipped. Previously built successfully.
Target "WorkflowCompilation" in file "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\Windows Workflow Foundation\v3.5\Workflow.T
View Complete Post