I had SharePoint 2010 installed on Windows 2008R2 test box. I then upgraded it to a DC, and it broke SharePoint. In the meantime, I was asked to put SharePoint 2007 on, as a non-Microsoft SharePoint add-on that we want to test is not yet compatible with
I have removed every trace of SharePoint 2010 that I can find, but I am running into difficulties with configuraing SharePoint 2007.
It installs successfully, but when it reaches task 2 of the SPTCW it fails. The error is:
An exception of type System.IO.FileNotFoundException was thrown. Additional exception information: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Search, Version 188.8.131.52, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' or one of its dependencies.
The system cannot find the file specified.
I know enough to know that it seems to be looking for SharePoint Search from 2010, but I have removed all traces of 2010. I'm guessing that there is a DLL or something that is from 2010 that hasn't been written over when installing SharePoint 2007, and it's
calling for the Microaoft.SharePoint.Search.
I've been into c:\windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL and there is no evidence of a Microsoft.SharePoint.Search
I am hoping that I don't have to rebuild the server, but I'm pretty stuck now. I've spent 2 days on the whole SharePoint nightmare.
View Complete Post