I have an XBAP application that uses a Xamdatagrid from Infragistics. I have some filtering on this grid, that rebinds after a filter. The problem is, when a user has scrolled to a certain point and then filters, the rebinding causes the grid to scroll to
the beginning position of the grid. Now how I solve this is by getting an instance of the ScrollViewer, I get the ScrollViewer.ContentHorizontalOffset and then I do a ScrollViewer.ScrollToHorizontalOffset after it filters.
Now here comes the problem. For 99% of the users of this xbap app, this will work absolutely fine. Most, if not all of the users run exactly the same machines, XP 64 bit with 8GB RAM. The other 1% get the error: Method not found: 'Double System.Windows.Controls.ScrollViewer.get_ContentHorizontalOffset()'.
I cannot reproduce this error on my own box, our dev server or our production server, it is a phantom exception that only pops up on a certain condition. I have even wrapped the "offending" code in a try catch and it still doesn't solve it. If I
set the DispatcherUnhandledExceptionArgs Handled to true, it works, but it doesn't feel right.
How is this possible? If the method doesn't exist, how can it compile? Why does that method exist for 99% of the other users running the exact same machines? I have googled my fingers raw without any valid results and this issue is frustrat
View Complete Post