I've got a site definition which is pretty much based on STS.This is it's own sharepoint project. Let's call this project SiteDefProj.
Next in another SharePoint project (same solution though). Let's call this CustomListProject.
In this project I've got a feature which provisions a bunch of lists based on custom content types - this feature is a site scoped. Let's call this feature: CustomListInstances. I have added a feature receiver to this feature to execute some custom code on
the lists themselves (under feature activated)
In my ONET.XML (part of the SiteDefProj) I have CustomListInstances feature ID as part of my <sitefeatures>.
When I do a create site I can actually step through the code and see it actually being executed but after the site is created the list instances are created but it's like the code never run or did anything.
The weird part is that stepping through the code while creating a site collection using my SiteDefProj the code runs great with no errors. All lists are there and the code runs smooth.
If I manually create a STS site and activate my feature everything works and the code does actually run and the effects are visible after the feature is created. Again I can actually step through it in debug.
My suspicion is that there's some sort of a race condition in the CREATE SITE functionality where maybe the web or site collection hol
View Complete Post