we developed an solution on sharepoint 2010 for one of our customers with custom lists and content types
with fields from the managed meta data store.
As recommended we developed everything in features & solutions so that easy deployment is possible.
Adding metadata to the termstore seems to work without problems, but today we stepped over an confusing issue:
Our customer changed the default label of an term in the metadata term store, but the label did not change
in listviews and detailviews of items in the specific sitecollection. In editview we see the correct label.
After searching a while we discovered the connection between the sitecollection and the term store,
the hidden Taxonomylist (/Lists/TaxonomyHiddenList/AllItems.aspx) in the sitecollection, which seems to map the terms.
After testing we discovered that the term/label did also not change in the hidden taxonomy list.
The Timerjob “Taxonomy Update Scheduler“ is running hourly with success and we also tried to start the job manually,
but the label did not change in the hidden list. Also there are no errors in the logfiles in verbose mode.
We also tested to create a managed metadata field manually, put it in a list and after that, changed the label.
For whatever reason the update of labels on manually created fields works without a problem.
Our lists, content types etc get created pr
View Complete Post