I made an update to an existing FAST Search query scopes. The updates are on the ExtendedSearchFilter parameter. Since the Set-SPEnterpriseSearchQueryScope PowerShell cmdlet does not work to update the parameter, I removed the existing scopes using Remove-SPEnterpriseSearchQueryScope and created new scopes using the New-SPEnterpriseSearchQueryScope cmdlets. I have noticed that after creating the scopes, I sometimes encounter the "The search request was unable to execute on FAST Search Server" (FASTSearchQueryException) when executing query against the search scope. I am not sure if the exception is related to how the scope objects are disposed after running the Remove-SPEnterpriseSearchQueryScope cmdlet. I tried to look into the Event logs of the FAST search server but I was not able to see the error. I would like to ask the community if the exception can be attributed to the exsiting scopes that were removed then recreated.
View Complete Post